What Would You Love To Read Next?
What Has Stayed With You?
Lately, I’ve been sitting with a feeling I don’t think writers ever quite get used to.
Gratitude.
Over the past two weeks, more than 400 people have read the blog posts I’ve been sharing about Whakataukī Among the Stars and the stories behind it. That may not sound enormous to the outside world, but to me it feels deeply meaningful. Every read is a person who stopped for a moment, opened a post, and stepped into the world I’ve been building. In a time when everyone is rushed and pulled in a hundred directions, that is no small thing.
So first, thank you.
Thank you for reading. Thank you for being curious. Thank you for taking the time to engage with these story spotlights, these ideas, these futures shaped by whakataukī and imagination. Writing is often such a solitary thing. You spend hours, days, months alone with an idea, hoping that when you finally send it out into the world, it will find someone. Lately, it feels as though these stories have been finding people — and I can’t tell you how much that means to me.
As I start thinking about what comes next, I would really love to hear from you.
Not in a polished, formal way. Just honestly.
I’d love to know what has stayed with you. What has stirred something in you. What kinds of stories, themes, characters, or ideas you’d love to see more of as I continue this journey.
So here are a few questions, and if you feel like answering even one of them in the comments, I’d be so grateful.
I’d Love To Hear From You
Which story spotlight has stayed with you the most so far, and why?
What is it that draws you most to these stories?
What would you most like to see more of in future stories?
Are there certain kinds of characters you’d like to meet more of?
Would you enjoy more behind-the-scenes posts like these?
What would make you most excited to pick up the next book?
Why I’m Asking
I’m not asking because I want to write by committee. That road usually ends in a very bland soup, and nobody wants that.
I’m asking because stories are a conversation.
Yes, they begin with the writer. But once they are shared, they start to live in other people too. In the reader’s imagination. In the reader’s memory. In the quiet little spark of recognition when something in a story lands exactly where it needs to.
That matters to me.
Whakataukī Among the Stars has always been about more than simply placing science fiction around wise words. It has been about taking meaning, memory, and inherited truth and carrying them forward into imagined futures. It has been about asking what endures, what changes, and what still speaks to us even beneath unfamiliar skies.
So as I keep writing, I’d love to know what has spoken to you.
What has lingered?
What would you love to see more of?
Thank You For Walking This Road With Me
If you’ve been reading these posts, thank you for being here.
Truly.
This journey is still unfolding, and it means a great deal to know that people are walking alongside me as it does. Your thoughts, your responses, and your impressions will help me shape what comes next — not by taking the heart out of the work, but by helping me understand what is resonating most deeply.
So if you’d like, leave me a comment and tell me what you think. You can answer one question or all of them. You can keep it short or ramble away. I’ll be glad to hear it.
And thank you again — for reading, for supporting this work, and for helping these stories find their way.
-Rebecca

Comments
Post a Comment