Introduction to Whakataukī Among the Stars: Volume V

Let me introduce you to the fifth and final book in my Whakataukī Among the Stars series.

Whakataukī Among the Stars: Volume V brings this series to a close. I’m proud to share it with you, although I’ll admit I’m a little reluctant to say goodbye.

Across these books, I’ve taken stories far into the future and kept coming back to the same thought: however much our worlds and machines change, people are still people. We grieve, hope, make mistakes, laugh at the worst possible moment, and try again.

Each story in this final collection grows from a whakataukī. The stories take those words into strange places and difficult situations, where the characters have to decide what wisdom means when it asks something of them.

In Volume V, you’ll find grief and kindness, consequences and second chances, stubborn bureaucracy, moments of absurdity, and people doing their best to put things right. Some stories are sharp-edged; others are gentler. A few made me smile while I wrote them. A few stayed with me long after I’d finished.

Writing this series has meant a great deal to me. Thank you to everyone who has travelled through these futures with me, whether you’ve read every volume or are only just discovering them. I hope this last book gives you a story to carry away.

Whakataukī Among the Stars: Volume V is available now. If you read it, I’d be grateful for a review. Those few words from a reader can make a real difference to an independent author.

— Rebecca

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Whakataukī Among the Stars

Story Spotlight (Volume I): Ministry of Excellent Ideas

Welcome to My Writing World